The Sebastiani quarter, adjacent to the Villa Borghese and surrounded by via Mercandante, via Paisiello and via Possine, is named after a famous engineer Adolfo Sebastiani, who subdivided the land into smaller parcels between 1911 and 1928.

One of the most important among the properties in the area Villa Clara is named after one of Sebastiani's daughers. The original project of the villa was commissioned to an architect Criolo Frerrotti in 1914, however construction was halted by Sebastiani's decision only for the the project to be resumed two years later, entrusted to and revised by the architect Arnoldo Foschini in collaboration with Affillo Spaccarelli.

Built in the classical style of early 20th century, the house mirrors well the tastes of Italian wealthy class during that time period.