Chateau de Villette is located 35 minutes northwest of Paris. The Chateau was designed by architect Francois Mansart in 1668 for Jean Dyle, the Comte d'Aufflay, Louis XIV's ambassador to Venice, and finished around 1696 by his nephew Jules Hardouin-Mansart. The gardens, designed by Le Notre, spread out behind the chateau in the central axis from the spectacular fountain and cascade resembles that of Chateau Marly. There are two rectangular-shaped lakes on each side of the main garden. The chateau and its magnificent 185-acre grounds provide privacy, serenity and activities including fishing, hunting, horseback riding, tennis, weddings, cooking classes, corporate retreats,  concerts, movie filming and other events. 

One of the most significant historical chateaux in France, Villette is both simple and sumptuous with a great octagonal Grand Salon, an elegant Dining Room with a carved stone buffet, wine cooling fountains and blue and white dessus-de-portes by Boucher, a Music Salon with magnificent boiseries, a stately Library, a stone Foyer and Grand Staircase.